Tonight was a super easy meal. I sort of created the recipe by combining bits of three or four different recipes. Was a little concerned that it wouldn’t turn out, but it totally rocked.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Skillet
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken dark meat - quarters/drumsticks/thighs
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder (roasted, if you have it)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp allulose
- 1 Tbsp Nature's Hollow Honey Substitute
- 1 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and put in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine the spices and the sweetener and dump on the chicken in the bowl, then stir very well to thoroughly coat all the chicken. I like to use my hands, but a spatula or spoon is a cleaner way to go!
- Put a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When it’s hot, add the chicken.
- Quickly spread the chicken out in and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing frequently. Allulose burns faster than other low carb substitutes, so keep an eye on them! As you can see, I learned the hard way!!The total amount of time will depend on how large your chicken pieces are.
- After it’s cooked, drizzle the tablespoon of honey substitute over the chicken and toss the meat to distribute the flavor. Serve hot.