Coming in a bit late with tonight’s dinner idea – i had the chance to go for a walk with my husband. As much as I love you folks, he wins every time ♥ ♥ ♥
Anyway, tonight we had Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo. Super simple and relatively quick to prepare. The other day when I made the Sweet & Spicy Chicken Skillet, I bought a 2-pound package of boneless, skinless thighs. So I cut them ALL into bite sized pieces then and saved half for another night. In fact, I nearly forgot about them, but today when I saw them in the fridge I immediately knew what was for dinner.
I wanted to make a new and different type of alfredo sauce, though. At first I planned on adding gorgonzola to the sauce, it’s one of our favorites – but the store I went to had none! Sad news.
Plan B was this recipe: https://www.food.com/recipe/better-than-olive-garden-alfredo-sauce-141983 Unconventional? Check! Tasty? Also check! And I bet it will reheat better than traditional alfredo sauce, too.
- I used roasted garlic, because a few weeks back I roasted 8 bulbs, mashed it all together and then froze it in 1 tsp blobs. It’s a convenient trick.
- I was a little surprised to find White Pepper in my spice pantry!
- For olive oil, I’m personally a fan of California Olive Ranch oil. I don’t use a lot of olive oil, but when I do I want an unadulterated oil!
- And PLEASE do yourself a favor and grate real, fresh Parmesan cheese for this. It is a million thousand times better than if you use the green can kind!
Better Than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella whole milk, part skim
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, for garnish, optional optional
- freshly cracked black pepper optional
- Melt butter in medium saucepan with olive oil over medium/low heat.
- Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer, stirring often.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.
- When sauce has thickened add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY.
- Garnish with parsley, freshly cracked black pepper and more grated parmesan (optional).