Yes, it’s a funny name for a breakfast casserole! The first time I made it, I followed Auntie’s recipe carefully, and input all the information into my tracker. The next time we had it, my husband made it – and made changes. We laugh now, but I. Was. Furious! So when I redid the recipe in my app, I called it “Angry Eggs,” to distinguish it from the original. And of course, because I was so upset with him! Only later did we realize that the pepperjack cheese could serve as the “reason” for the name if anyone were to ask, haha!
This breakfast casserole is superb as a “B4D” – that is, breakfast for dinner. Add some diced ham, or some crumbled bacon, to make it even heartier if you want. And it also makes FANTASTIC leftovers! In fact sometimes I make it as PLANNED leftovers. Any breakfast you can microwave for 90 seconds and wrap in a paper towel to eat as you rush off to start your day, is a great thing!
In this pic, they are topped with a super fast stick blender Hollandaise Sauce:
Put 2 egg yolks, half cup of bubbly melted butter, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, pinch of salt in a cup o jar that is big enough to fit your stick blender inside. Put the blender in, all the way firm to the bottom, and blend it up. It’ll get thick almost instantly, and you really only need to blend 30-45 seconds. YUM!!
- 12 large eggs
- 1 pound pepper-jack cheese grated
- 16 ounces 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- butter, to grease the dish
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking dish by greasing it with the butter.
- Crack all 12 eggs into a large bowl, add the salt, and beat well.
- Add the cheeses and stir until fully combined.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, until the eggs are fully set and the top is just browning.
- Cool for 10 minutes or so, before cutting into 8 pieces and and serving.