- Nothing like a bagel. If it were my recipe, I would have called them donut holes.
- It says it makes 16… those would have been ENORMOUS. At the size in my pic, I made 28!
- SUPER yum, but only to me, I guess.
- The coconut flour flavor was quite apparent, I didn’t mind it but my kids (teenagers, and not even low carb let alone keto) didn’t like them very much, and said there was something a little bitter about them. And my husband (low carb but not keto) agreed that something tasted a little strange, but he did all that he was served.
- I think my menfolk are all weird! I loved the bagel (donut) bites, and, uh, I ate almost all of the ones that the boys left on their plates. Oops.
- I made a glaze to go on/over, by softening 3 tablespoons cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of butter, mixing them together with a mini whisk, and adding a few drops of vanilla extract, a couple of teaspoons of allulose, and a tiny bit of water to thin it out to a glaze consistency. It was very good, but yes, it added quite a few carbs.
- In the dough, I used pure monk fruit extract instead of the Lakanto. This might be where the taste came from, but we aren’t sure. Gee, I guess I’ll have to make them again and test the theory. Rats. The main reason I didn’t use the Lakanto Classic that the recipe calls for is because Lakanto is mostly erythritol which my husband does not like, plus I wanted a chance to try this stuff: 100% Natural Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Of course, the serving size on this stuff is 180 MILLIGRAMS, so there was a little math and a milligram scale involved… which I happen to have (I LOVE this thing, I use it several times a day)
- For the cinnamon topping AND in the glaze, we opted for Allulose as the sweetener.
- I used a cookie scoop to get the bagel (donut) bites all the same size, what an invaluable kitchen tool! I have OXO cookie scoops.
(yes, some of these are affiliate links, benefitting my good friends Carrie Brown + Yogi Parker. Feel free to visit their site at www.carriebrown.com and poke around. Lots of great info, recipes, and photos. As always, it costs nothing extra to use these links to purchase, but helps them out a bit. And we all can stand a little extra help.)
❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️